[lug] USB3 vs eSATA III question

Vishal Verma stellarhopper at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 18:47:00 MDT 2018

I required a physical windows machine recently for a specific purpose,
and didn't want to partition my main Fedora drive on the laptop. I got
a USB3 SATA disk enclosure, and a cheapo SATA SSD to install windows
on. The windows installer forbids installing removable media, but I
was able to install a VM, and directly copy that image over to the
SSD. I've been using it without any problems since then, and the
speeds feel snappy enough that I can hardly tell it is running over
USB.