[lug] Docker

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Jul 24 10:24:30 MDT 2018

On 07/24/2018 06:37 AM, Bear Giles wrote:
> Maintaining a docker image is much more manageable. Unfortunately
> there's nearly always a 60s delay to allow time for the server to come
> up. We need to look into modifying our tests so they can run in parallel.)

There's something very wrong in your Docker storage setup. You need to
be using aufs or btrfs. Some filesystem that does overlays or snapshots.
60s sounds like it's doing file copies.

We do a lot of Docker where I work and starting a docker container
that's already downloaded is *instant*. No noticeable delay at all.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil