[lug] Cluster File Systems

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Fri Aug 3 01:14:52 MDT 2018

On 08/02/2018 05:33 PM, Davide Del Vento wrote:
> I'd suggest you take a look at http://lustre.org/
> I don't know how it is from an administrative perspective, but it certainly
> can do what you ask. It might be overkill, but that's your call.

Thanks for the suggestion. It appears to require kernel patches and using
RHEL for the server (Lustre Support Matrix only has RHEL for the server).

   http://lustre.org/getting-started-with-lustre/:
     Metadata and Object Storage Server require the Lustre patched Linux kernel,
     Lustre modules, Lustre utilities and e2fsprogs installed. The clients
     require the Lustre client modules, client utilities and, optionally,
     the Lustre patched kernel.