[lug] Cluster File Systems

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Fri Aug 3 10:29:01 MDT 2018

1. Do you need full filesystem support or is it enough to be able to read
and write files programmatically? This could be a relative minor change or
a huge headache, of course.

2. Do you only need to read and write files sequentially, or do you need to
be able to move within the file, update the file in-place, etc.?

If both conditions are met then hadoop (HDFS) could be well-supported
solution. However it's definitely not a solution if you need to be able to
treat it like a regular filesystem or can't tweak code.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 6:46 AM, Davide Del Vento <davide.del.vento at gmail.com