[lug] Suspicous: "host"/"DNS" Showing Odd Results (Fedora)

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 19:45:31 MDT 2018

Here are my $0.02
I use Linux (currently Ubuntu, fresh install after several years of
Mint), Firefox and Comcast. I've been able to reproduce exactly what
you describe with ping, host etc.
I never experienced a Firefox crash, and I use tabs extensively.
However I also very aggressively use NoScript, without it I find
Firefox crashes pretty frequently (even at work, where our network has
nothing to do with Comcast).
So if you don't use NoScript, I suppose you just experience these
frequent Firefox crashes which you have found correlated with the
existing problem of misconfigured DNS (or whatever that is)