[lug] SD write timeouts, drive appears to be fine

BC bcarr at purgatoire.org
Sat Dec 22 08:32:44 MST 2018

I'm impressed. And would ignore what the SMART testing tells you in
this case. This drive could fail mechanically at any time so I'd be
replacing it.

I had a 55000 hour power-on drive on my desktop that was reported by
SMART to be okay. It failed abruptly; no warning.

(as an aside and not to hijack the thread, but my 55000 hour drive was
one of a mirrored, identical pair in RAID1 config, both new from the
beginning. the one drive showed 55000 hours power-on but the other
drive showed only 14000 hours power-on. shouldn't they have been the
same power-on hours or am I misunderstanding how RAID1 works?)