[lug] Windows/PuTTY and Linux SSH Key Pair Compatibility

BC bcarr at purgatoire.org
Fri Dec 28 14:59:03 MST 2018

My initial guess would be that the user generated the key, copied it
using a Windows utility that added a CR to every LF. If you run it
through a dos2unix util on the Linus box it may fix it. In the
alternative, you could ask the user to generate a new key and follow
the instructions in PuTTY about exporting the key (PuTTY will do it
without adding the CR to every LF) to you.

If you need better instructions about how to do this, I can dig them
up pretty easily.