[lug] screen frequently blacks out on recent update...

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Tue Jan 22 05:15:23 MST 2019

Has anyone else seen their screen frequently blank out for 1-2 seconds
after a recent update? This is happening on both an Ubuntu 18.10 and CentOS
system. I don't think it's a hardware issue since it's two different
systems, two different monitors, and both have worked fine until the last
few days.

Both are running Gnome.

(BTW I never managed to fix Gnome under 18.04. I eventually updated to
18.10 and it now works... but oddly I still get the Kubuntu logo when I'm
prompted for the hardware decryption password.)

Bear