[lug] SD write timeouts, drive appears to be fine

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Thu Jan 31 12:23:50 MST 2019

> It's like Groundhog Day. Got replacement RAM from Crucial, and all was
> fine for a while. Now the same errors are back. I'm going to conclude
> that something in the motherboard is bad, to the point of damaging the
> RAM. Fortunately, mobos aren't expensive these days.

Just yesterday I ran into a case of the thermal compound on a CPU being so dry it was burning the fan. The RAM sits next to it. If the RAM is damaged, and the CPU has been on for several years, then you might find it is a case of new thermal compound on the CPU to reduce temperature of the RAM...heat guilt by proximity.