[lug] Apache CGI: ExecCGI for Just One File?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sat Apr 20 09:32:10 MDT 2019

Hi,

I've been trying to learn more about Apache 2.4 config (on Fedora). I've added a virtual domain which seems to work correctly (so if I have "testing" in "/etc/hosts" and use "http://testing" I get the correct document root). I've also managed to get a specific cgi-bin (I have in the testing root a cgi-bin directory separate from the default cgi-bin and it picks cgi from there and executes). However, if I add index.cgi as my "DirectoryIndex" (not in "cgi-bin"), then it simply wants to read the file and not execute it.

I understand I could just allow exec to the whole document root, but I am wondering if anyone here knows a way to whitelist only particular cgi scripts which are outside of "cgi-bin"? Specifically, I'd like to ok "index.cgi" to execute in any directory, but no other cgi unless it is in "cgi-bin". Is this possible?

Thanks!