[lug] keeping up with attacks

Stephen Kraus ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com
Sat May 4 10:59:25 MDT 2019

The major difference is that, by trying to crack a OpenVPN box, you need to
guess username, password AND the certificate used. You can get a strong
externally generated RSA key generated too ifbyou are really paranoid.

SSH: No fail2ban? Just keep guessing till you win. No cert guessing or
sniffing needed. Public key eliminates some of that, but its still not good
practice to expose SSH.