[lug] FF Certificate Expiry vs. Good Practice

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sat May 4 13:37:00 MDT 2019

> On May 4, 2019 at 12:05 PM duboulder <blug-mail at duboulder.com> wrote:
>

> Noscript is affected for me. Extensions got disabled after a browser restart.

This is the one I know is now missing which I really want back. I've not been able to find any indication within the browser though that noscript was ever there. I'd prefer to see it there, but disabled (and perhaps no way to enable, but definitely I don't want it to just suddenly not be there one day).

Regarding what people have been talking about with other protection, in the past I've used an old Linux box set up as a transparent bridge and various firewall rules. Additions like snort worked quite well. It was amazingly effective at seeing what goes on, and of course there is no way for an intruder to actually see the bridge (the control interface was on one NIC, public on another, and internal on yet another). The real beauty of this is that it can be thrown together quite quickly and not have to touch any box it helps protect (it won't matter if what is inside is Windows or Linux or anything else and nothing inside even knows it is there).