[lug] keeping up with attacks

Stephen Kraus ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 09:39:41 MDT 2019

If you insist. Not going to get into the difference between VPN which does
not present you a login, and SSH, which does, but most Pen Testers and
Auditors are going to look at you funny for exposing SSH publicly.

Do what youd like, I'm just speaking as a Pen Tester and Infosec guy.

Most people exposing SSH are not enabling extra precautions that OpenVPN
uses by default. And most clients I run into dont enforce the extra
security in SSH we've talked about above.

I'm just going by what I've run into, if you feel secure using SSH straight
exposed, go for it. I dont recommend it, and the InfoSec world isnt fond of
it, but its just my opinion at this point.