[lug] Fedora Extra Repos...GPG Keys

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Fri May 24 14:06:33 MDT 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to add a repo for Fedora (MySQL community) with the following "/etc/yum.repos.d/mysql-community.repo":

[mysql80-community]
name=MySQL 8.0 Community Server
baseurl=http://repo.mysql.com/yum/mysql-8.0-community/fc/$releasever/$basearch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-mysql

Unfortunately this results in a missing key and refusal to use the repo. Now I know I could probably just change "gpgcheck" to "0", but what I'd really like to do is add the correct key. I've been searching around, and cannot find the specific file to download to for "RPM-GPG-KEY-mysql". So I was thinking that perhaps the actual repo XML file might contain this. Example:

http://repo.mysql.com/yum/mysql-8.0-community/fc/27/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml

Is there a way to extract a key out of this under Fedora 27 or newer (the example is F27)? Is there some methodology to search for keys when a google search leads to insanity? Or should I just bite the bullet and set gpgcheck to "0"?

Thanks!