[lug] Offered in Lafayette: power cords!

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sun May 26 09:25:23 MDT 2019

If you want to just get rid of them without putting them into waste,
Aluminum Recycling on Valmont in Boulder (and probably some other
businesses somewhere else), buy any kind of cable with non-neglible amount
of copper in them (AFAIK that means everything but the cable TV coaxials).
You have read that right: they pay you because the copper in it is quite
valuable. Granted, when you factor in your time and the gas spent getting
there, you're not really making money, but....

Or you could cut the end plug that ends into the desktop and replace it
with the normal 3-prong connector which you can buy at home depot (just
make sure you wire it correctly, otherwise you could do SERIOUS damage!!)
-- you will end up with much more useful general-purpose 3-conductors,
high-gauge extension cords. In fact, you I have spare time (which I don't)
I would do that myself.