[lug] Question regarding cyber-security training

bclarkinco at juno.com bclarkinco at juno.com
Sun May 26 10:26:57 MDT 2019

   Hello All, I have a question regarding cyber-security training (peripherally related to this list in that it will involve Linux).  I am considering a program at DU (syllabus available through link below).  I would like to talk with someone familiar with the cyber security job market and the prospects of someone going through this program.  I've listened to several people at DU associated with this program, and take what they say with a grain  of salt, since they are looking to enroll students.  I am interested more in broad trends than in the individual success stories the folks at DU sent me. I am concerned also about my employability with this program under my belt, as I am 60 yo, and am concerned about ageism.  Anyone familiar with the market, or knows someone who is, and who would be willing to advise me, I would be grateful.   Thanks - Brian
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnkskvuq673rm24/Denver_Cybersecurity_Curriculum.pdf?dl=0