[lug] recommended package to forward all DNS requests to single IP address?

ghe ghe at slsware.net
Sun Jun 23 12:51:57 MDT 2019

On 6/23/19 11:46 AM, Bear Giles wrote:

> Does anyone have a recommendation for a DNS server that forwards all
> requests to a single IP address? Either a specialized one or just quick
> notes on setting up a standard DNS server.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but BIND/<that one on RIPE> +
iptables do wonders.

I'd think a packet filter (iptables) that allowed only one address to
get to UDP 53 might do what you want to have happen (less the goatse
pix, though). That's input. You could do something very similar on output.

--
Glenn English