[lug] Make keyboard shortcuts consistent between Mac and Linux

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 06:45:06 MDT 2019

Randomly poking around I saw options to change those shortcuts too, so it
must be possible. However I am much less familiar with MacOS than Linux
Mate/Gnome, so I did not attempt that (and I do not know if it is possible
"programmatically" as in this repo, or if you just have to go and edit a
lot of setting by clicking here and thee, which is a pain).

Also, I found the ergonomics of Mac keyboards (especially external /
desktop ones) much better than PC ones so I decided to use them. *And*
being their layout slightly different it meant I had to re-learn at least
some shortcuts anyway, so I concluded to switch this way....

I know, not the answer you were looking for, but better than the "nothing"
you've got so far...

Davide

PS: does this mailing list still has a decent number of subscribers?