[lug] ebay reseller of incidentals?

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Thu Nov 7 09:56:19 MST 2019

I want to get rid of some incidentals, e.g., the keyboard and mouse bundled
with the Dell 9020s (not cost effective for even the minimal customization
to remove the keyboard and mouse from the package), the 2 GB memory sticks
in the Optiplex 960s these systems are replacing, etc.

I know someone in the area collects old (but not too old) hardware and
resells it on ebay (I think). I know there used to be groups that rebuilt
old systems for the poor but chromebooks and tablets are now so cheap it
might not be cost-effective vs. simply getting a deal on those devices.

Unfortunately I can't remember if they're on this list or the freecycle
list. If nobody remembers I think the Boulder recycling program has someone
who strips the trash for usable components but I would rather give it to
people I know will try to reuse/resell it. It's just not worth the hassle
for me to try selling it on ebay myself.

So I'm tossing out the question if anyone knows someone who wants these
incidentals. There's nothing wrong with them - I'm just not going to go
from a $100 mechanical or hybrid-mechanical keyboard to a $10 membrane
keyboard.