[lug] Dell Optiplex 9020 + ubuntu + 4k monitor

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Thu Nov 7 14:30:40 MST 2019

On 11/7/19 10:14 AM, Bear Giles wrote:
> (oops - there is a DisplayPort to HDMI dongle on the tail end of the KVM
> cable. But I use the same model in several other places AND have used
> this specific dongle as well.)

Have you tried this without the HDMI adapter? Was it there before when
it was working?

Those adapters can only do the modes they're programmed to do. I had to
buy a new one for my 4K television when I wanted to go to 60 Hz 4K
because the older adapter could only do 30 Hz. I needed the GPU's HDMI
port for the Oculus Rift.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil