[lug] stupid swap question

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sun Dec 1 20:48:57 MST 2019

Heh, yes I know the system is relatively idle at the moment. I can spin up
a few docker containers.

inode use is around 1% on /, 6% on /home.
'xosview' is more interesting since it only reports a swap size of 112 MB.

I'm a fan of JFS (#1) or XFS (#2) and IIRC both handle large directories
well but if the Ubuntu installer doesn't give you any help if you deviate
from its recommendation. I can set up an encrypted disk with LVM myself - I
do it with my USB sticks (crypt only) and external drives (both) but I
haven't tried it while using its installer.