[lug] Something like MS Access for Linux?

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Jan 5 18:15:34 MST 2020

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 00:28:40 +0000 (UTC)
David L. Willson wrote:

> I don't know if DBeaver does all those things, but maybe it does.

That's a big package. Based on Eclipse, written in Java ...

Kinda like using a 5-axis machine center to build a birdhouse. :)

I should've mentioned, I'm still on an old Mint distro, based on Ubuntu
"Trusty". I suspect I'd run into lots of problems trying to DBeaver.

Possibly, with dependencies being what they'll be, for anything that's
not in the old repos, I'll have to either spin up a VM with a new distro,
or try things out in a Snap.

But, I really want to spend time working on this data, rather than
playing Sysadmin and fighting bizarre interfaces.