[lug] A few docker questions...

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sat Jan 25 14:54:08 MST 2020

No, knowing that smart people find it difficult to use and unreliable is
helpful. It bumps the "what do I really need?" factor up since this is for
a development environment and we have more flexibility than we would in a
production environment. I still need to bang on it enough to defend taking
a step back but it's a lot easier to cut it without an exhaustive effort.

For instance with DNS it would be nice to have the docker image visible to
the local network but it's not unreasonable to use the host's DNS server
(dnsmasq) for that - the host can see the docker container and use it as an
upstream source. As you pointed out I can use nginx to forward the
http/https traffic.