[lug] curiosity about WFH

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:00:17 MDT 2020

Hi folks,
I'm curious about the WFH policies at various companies (your employers).
Have they relaxed the WFH options? Mandated WFH?

My employer, NCAR/UCAR, on March 6th relaxed its policies from the previous
sort of "discuss options with your supervisors and find a mutual agreement"
to "if you do not feel comfortable coming to work, any employee may choose
to work from home". Last Friday, March 13th, almost at the end of the day,
they made WFH mandatory for practically everybody and forbade access by
staff to its buildings starting tomorrow at noon. On Sunday PM, they even
abruptly cancelled shuttle and cafeteria services for today, making it
quite challenging for those who do not drive and needed to collect items
from office before the building became off-limits.

Anybody willing to share what others are doing? I'm quite curious.
Cheers,
Davide