[lug] CANCELLED: Boulder Linux User's Group - March Meeting - Boulder Linux Users Group - Mar 12, 2020

madscientistatlarge madscientistatlarge at protonmail.com
Tue Mar 17 05:45:22 MDT 2020

Every suggestion I've heard of for Measures in the U.S. has come with a time frame.  Watch interviews with CDC people and other experts.  The idea of the restrictions is to SLOW the spread, so that hospitals are not as overwhelmed and not so many people die.  NO, it won't change the number of people eventually sickened, It's about changing the shape of the curve, not the area under the curve.  The vaccines, are all at least a year off, Assuming initial testing yields positive results.  We live in a wonderful age, the beasty has already been sequenced but vaccines are still a tricky thing to develop.  Any one paying attention knows that even people who have been quarantined on military bases have broken quarantine in a few cases.  Hopefully there will be few who are so irresponsible.  I've worked for morons who expect staff to show up sick, so they can get everyone else sick, it's a terribly stupid mindset.  If you are fearful the solution is knowledge and understanding, not beating your' gums together, repeating bogus rumors and out right lies that some media outlets, and pundits are dumb enough to say outloud to an audience.