[lug] video conferencing [was LUG Digest, Vol 198, Issue 4 -- BLUG meeting on Zoom]

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 09:41:55 MDT 2020

Thanks for posting and making that one article free! Very interesting.

I had tried jitsi about 12 years ago and my experience had been not good
back then. But I gave it another chance today....

As the first comment on your article say the "canonical implementation" at
https://meet.jit.si/ it's quick and easy to make it work. In my single
tests it has a much lower latency than Google Hangout, Google Meet and
Zoom: I often tried them on two devices (in two different rooms, least you
lose you hearing to the sound looping...)
Jitsi was subsecond (still clearly audible and certainly not suitable for
music, but fast) the others were much slower with at least a couple of
seconds.