[lug] Next subject, please?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:13:35 MDT 2020

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 12:32 PM Rob Nagler <nagler at bivio.biz> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 12:27 PM Davide Del Vento wrote:
>
>> How about using a text editor inside the browser? ROTFL
>>

> Or all of Linux: https://bellard.org/jslinux/vm.html?url=buildroot-x86.cfg
>
> Definitely one of my favorite demos.

Wow, that sounds really impressive. Thanks for posting.

<flame mode on>
Especially because it is using such a poorly designed language
<flame mode off>

Unfortunately it takes forever to boot so I did not see anything other than

<flame mode on>
What else would you expect when trying to emulate the best OS in the world,
written in good performant C, with an interpreted language that understand
only strings
<flame mode off>

Cheers,
Davide
PS: perhaps this would be enough to swerve the conversation....
PPS: good to "see" you Rob, and everyone else onlist!