[lug] Linux laptop

John Karns johnkarns at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:26:01 MDT 2020

A bit off point, perhaps - Call me old fashioned, but anyone else
prefer something older like one of the higher end (for its time)
legacy Dells? Probably isn't quite as fast as these models, but is
fine for casual use, and at least it has a swappable DVD / 2nd HDD
bay, is dockable, shielded with a metal plate bottom, and has ports
for legacy peripherals! And fitting these dinosaurs with a SDD goes a
good way toward shortening the performance gap, IMO. Close enough for
me, anyway!

It is nice to see that Linux laptops are still showing up in the
marketplace, though!

==
John