[lug] Open source virtualization: xen, kvm

Steve Sullivan steve.sullivan at mathcom.com
Thu May 7 18:33:48 MDT 2020

I know this has been discussed in various places over the last
few years, and there seems to be a slow shift from xen
to kvm (?)?  I'm interested xen vs kvm for a particular app.

I need to debug some kernel modules to drive some
telescope USB devices, using Debian or Ubuntu.

I know zip about xen and kvm.  As long as I have to learn one,
which one would ...
  * better fit my use case
  * have an easier or cleaner installation
  * have a longer lifetime going forward

Many thanks,

Steve

Steve Sullivan      steve.sullivan at mathcom.com