[lug] FAT32 USB drive

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sun May 17 06:21:20 MDT 2020

Folks,

I have a digital piano which can put stuff on USB devices (unspecified
filesystem), so I formatted an USB drive to FAT32, put some stuff from the
piano to it and tried to read them from my linux box.

Funny enough, the drive showed empty in Linux, but the content was there
when looking from the piano. I tried on a Mac which responded "The disk you
inserted was not readable by this computer".

So I tried Android. In fact I can see the digital piano files via Android
(yay!)

Funny thing, if I create files and directories on that USB drive from
Linux, none of them shows up in Android.

So it looks like this USB drive has two lives: one which is visible only
from Linux, and the other which is visible from the digital piano and
Android.

Am I still sleeping and having a bad dream? Simple Googling did not reveal
anything obvious....

Thanks for any clues!
Davide