[lug] Jitsi, etc.

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:13:07 MDT 2020

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 9:39 AM Jeffrey S. Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Without any taking any careful notes, I've tried videoconferencing with
> these: Google Duo, Facebook's What'sApp, Zoom, Hangouts, Slack, Google Meet.
>
> They all work, and all have slightly different feature sets. Duo's given
> me the best picture and voice.

Thanks. Was your test in similar networking conditions? I found that even
with the same app, there is a huge quality variability from one day to the
next.

> When I talk to random people, I find that surprisingly many are sticking
> with what they have because

I found all of these good reasons. Many people I asked, could not utter
anything. One person wrote "I think it's a testament to the strength of
<name of the software> the fact that we have used it daily last week and it
worked".

> A BLUG spreadsheet of everyone's collective knowledge about
> videocall/videoconferencing would be a good thing.  Anyone have one started?

Not I. Hard to keep up-to-date, though? Wikipedia?

Cheers,
Davide