[lug] Understanding a SSL/TLS Certificate Issue

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Thu Jun 18 14:00:56 MDT 2020

I would say it's their end. A lot of CAs and apps are sloppy but it's
entirely legitimate for an app (client or server) to reject a cert chain if
any cert has expired or any cert other than the leaf doesn't have the
critical bit.

Since they provide the cert chain it's up to them to provide you an updated
one where all intermediate certs are valid.

Bear