[lug] Issue updating google chrome

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 10:49:25 MDT 2020

On my Linux Desktop I've been experiencing a problem with a website (which
I need for work) and I think I triaged the problem  to my Google Chrome
being at Version 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit) whereas according
to https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/ (and other sources) I should be
at least at 84.

According to
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

*Linux users:* To update Google Chrome, use your package manager.

which is what I've always done and has worked well in the past (I clearly
remember it updating in the past). Obviously this stopped quite a while ago
without me noticing, since I am at 70 and not a number closer to 84.

Checking the settings for my package manager it contains and has the
checkbox tick for
http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ main

and when I launch the update, it says that everything is up to date. I am
running Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS.

Any clues on what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Davide