[lug] Issue updating google chrome

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 14:50:21 MDT 2020

I use Chromium too (and Firefox also), but that is for different purposes.
I wish I did not need them all, but life is complicated.

Anyway, the problem was this one
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1078813/the-repository-http-dl-google-com-linux-chrome-deb-stable-release-does-not-h
which when solved exposed this other one
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1173427/how-to-update-google-chrome-past-v70
When that was fixed too, Chrome updated and the problem with that website
disappeared.

The idiot GUI who manages updates NEVER says anything about these
problems..... Days like this let me miss the good ole days when you could
get things done without X (back then I used pine as an email client... but
I digress)