[lug] Running a mixed Python environment

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 09:40:12 MDT 2020

> Orion writes:
> > Python2 is dead. Time to pull off the band-aid and switch.
>
> We just did it, but it can be challenging in a complex environment,
> especially where you don't control all the code.

I agree with both points of view. Try hard to upgrade. When you really
can't upgrade, I suggest making your own environment you control (i.e.
installing what you need by your own, with your favorite tool (source, pip,
conda, whatever)) rather than relying on the OS. Perhaps other than the
interpreter itself, until it's available.