[lug] How to ignore snap in df listings

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Oct 9 22:47:55 MDT 2020

Maybe others aren't so annoyed by this as I. I run logwatch, so every day I
get an e-mail showing me, among other things, free space on disks. It's
quite cluttered up with snap stuff. How to fix it?

The df command has the -x option, to exclude types. So, edit
/usr/share/logwatch/scripts/services/zz-disk_space

Find the line:
$df_options = "-h -x tmpfs -x devtmpfs -x udf -x iso9660"

and add " -x squashfs" to the end of the string.

I also added the bash alias:
  alias df='df -x squashfs'

--
All operating systems suck, but Linux just sucks less
 - Linus Torvalds