[lug] Email Services

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Thu Oct 22 14:58:46 MDT 2020

>  In fact my current Comcast address happens to be on a couple of block
lists.

Some places flatly block all email from residential broadband CIDR ranges.
Their cost/benefit analysis is that there's hundreds (or thousands?) of
spambots for every legitimate home user and the latter have plenty of
affordable alternatives.

Unfortunately the most obvious alternative is AWS, DO, etc., and they're
also often blocked because of bad actors who get a system, run it until
they're blocked by the big guys, then drop it and get a new IP address.