[lug] Email Services

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Oct 22 15:29:06 MDT 2020

FWIW:  I have a colo in tummy.com's data center.  Their hardware, but I
have full admin priv's on it and they manage my mail server.  I manage
things like ipsets, web servers, etc.  I don't know much about managing
mail servers.   It costs about $100/month, pricey by other hosting
options but I like that I've had the same system for >20 years now and
it's basically all mine.  tummy's support is exceptional.

Some domains I run on it have been black-or-gray listed by AT&T in the
past but that's because AT&T has less of clue about email than me.
It's meant some email would bounce when coming via AT&T, but not that
often.  To get around that (when necessary) I just have people mail me
through my ACM.org account, which forwards just fine.  I don't have any
problems with outbound mail.

That said, I do need to upgrade the OS.  Yet another thing on my todo
list.