[lug] Bash Scripting Ping

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sun Nov 8 11:10:36 MST 2020

>     For those of me who're first reading your question while sitting in a coffee shop at a Mac laptop, could you just say what the flags are doing, so's I can make sure I understand the problem by trying something similar?

I'm just listing the time in microseconds (which can be converted to a date, and is in fact one of the things I wanted to edit...changing microseconds to a date stamp), plus making sure no two pings are issued simultaneously (not normally a problem, but in bad network conditions it would be possible to issue two pings before either had returned...think of it as guaranteeing serialized pings).