[lug] Linux Phones

Simos blug at chinesetearoom.com
Mon Dec 14 08:56:17 MST 2020

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 06:38:17 -0700 Stephen Queen <svqueen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone on this list bought one of the linux phones such as the librem5
> or pine phone? If so, what are their impressions? Are they user friendly?
> How do they compare to the mainstream phones?
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve

Hi,

I've been vaguely interested in Linux phones as well, especially after seeing a couple of recent articles at a Linux gaming site I follow:

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2020/11/kde-teams-up-with-pinephone-for-the-pinephone-kde-community-edition

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2020/11/the-pro1-x-smartphone-looks-like-an-awesome-linux-phone-for-tech-fans

Hopefully Linux phones won't be just another "next year is the year of the Linux desktop" scenario because I'd love to have a basic sub-$200 hackable phone without Android/iOS.

Simos