[lug] Tomorrow's BLUG Meeting Details

Maxwell Spangler lists at maxwellspangler.com
Wed Jan 13 18:56:15 MST 2021

On Wed, 2021-01-13 at 17:55 -0700, Bucky Carr wrote:

> All -
>
> Last month I tried to eavesdrop on the meeting. Could see the various
> faces on the zoom screen but never could get any audio. Ran the
> testing that the zoom client offers and it all worked just fine
> locally. But no audio from the meeting.
>
> Anything obvious come to mind?

Just a few ideas:

1. You can Join a zoom meeting and see the shared content/videos, but
not join the "Internet Audio" Connection.  Some people do this in favor
of calling in on a phone line for meeting audio.  So make sure you are
joined.

2. Test that your audio is output to the right device.  Sometimes if
your audio is going via HDMI to monitors with no speakers, your audio
stream will dead end at the speakerless monitor.

3. Make sure the audio level is turned up.. It could be muted or very
low on your end.

You can test in advance if you create a zoom account, create a meeting,
then join the meeting with your phone in another room next to a tv..
Test on the computer until you can hear the audio from the phone
streaming to the computer.

Good luck!
--
Maxwell Spangler