[lug] Convert JSON to CSV - adding header line

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Sat Jan 16 10:17:27 MST 2021

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 18:56:38 -0700
Davide Del Vento wrote:

> I think for things like this (any text parsing and reformatting) is better
> to use a (well written and well documented) python script.

I considered that, and looked at some examples - seemed pretty easy,
overall. But I'm not all that hopeful of Python script portability these
days - perhaps in a few years things will improve. And I have no idea what
a Python environment looks like on Win10.

Conversely, I have a more confident expectation that the jq executable in
other environments will digest a filter recipe and produce the expected
output.

--
All operating systems suck, but Linux just sucks less
 - Linus Torvalds