[lug] FYI: Ubuntu awk no longer gawk-compatible

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 20:05:59 MST 2021

Thanks, that is good to know!

On the Ubuntu box I use, it's still gawk:

davide at buzzicone:/tmp$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 18.04
Codename: bionic

davide at buzzicone:/tmp$ awk --version
GNU Awk 4.1.4, API: 1.1 (GNU MPFR 4.0.1, GNU MP 6.1.2)
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991-2016 Free Software Foundation.