[lug] Fedora on a slab

David L. Willson dlwillson at thegeek.nu
Wed Feb 24 10:24:30 MST 2021

I want your machine seller recommendations. I'm looking for a Fedora laptop with 32GiB RAM.

I got all excited when I heard that Lenovo would be making laptops with Fedora, and even more excited when I saw that they *are* making laptops with Fedora. But then, I went to buy one and found that the max memory is 16 GiB. I can't work with that, anymore. My old System76 Oryx Pro 2 has 32GiB, and I can't think of a good reason to buy a new laptop that is less beefy than my old laptop, at least while my old laptop still works at all.

So, my idea of perfect is exactly one click up from my current laptop. If System76 shipped with Fedora or even a Fedora-based Pop, this would be easy, but they don't, so it's not.