[lug] (Small) Network backup recommendations

Bucky Carr bcarr at purgatoire.org
Mon May 24 09:31:52 MDT 2021

I'm a BSD guy but I don't see why this wouldn't work with Linux.

I added a HDD caddy to my server. I use rsync on my windows machines
to backup selected directories to the BSD server backup directory.
Then load a big HDD into the drive caddy and backup the BSD server to
the HDD. Pull the HDD when I'm done.

At no time do I create a share between my windows machines and the
server (to prevent the ransomware issue carrying over to the server).