[lug] 14 Characters

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed Jun 30 08:32:15 MDT 2021

On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 11:18:00 -0600
Rob Nagler wrote:

> Bucky Carr writes:
> > I have no idea how someone would use 65535 rows much less 1 million.
>
> You are correct, 2^20 is the limit. I still wonder why there is a limit,
> especially for modern computers.

I came across an article mentioning this, and other vagaries of
spreadsheets.
https://www.inkl.com/news/the-tyranny-of-spreadsheets

Primarily, of course, about Excel, but how many of these traits are present
in Gnumeric and OfficeCalc? I've never had reason to plumb the limits of
either of them.

Also, saving using an older file format will hit the limit, regardless of
the version of the software. I wonder whether there's an error message.

--
All operating systems suck, but Linux just sucks less
 - Linus Torvalds