[lug] Happy 30th, Linux

William D. Knoche bill.knoche at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 12:03:23 MDT 2021

Let's see. I was at SEL working on BSD (vmunix aka 3bsd) and real time
extensions in '81, ported 4.3 to SEL multi processor in '86. I was
playing with minix about the same time.
I joined Sun in '87 but we didn't release opensolaris until 2005 and
Oracle killed it in 2010 at which time I was exclusively Linux for my
personal projects, mostly Fedora but Ubuntu on my server.

--bill