[lug] First Post

Steve Domenico stratcat944 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 06:41:26 MDT 1999

Hey LUGers,

Is there anybody on the list here who wouldn't mind
helping out a complete Linux newbie? I just have real
basic questions (Like, how do I get my X desktop prefs
to save, configuring my modem etc). I'm running Red
Hat 5.0 on an old Packard Bell 486 with a new WD 6.8GB
HD.

I'm an NT admin and after dealing with the M$ B$ for
the last 2 years I've decided to eliminate all of
their trash from my home. Zero tolerance! I just wish
I could do this at work to.

If there is anybody who would be willing to assist me
please reply to my personal email,
stratcat944 at yahoo.com.

TIA,
Steve Domenico,
Louisville

p.s. I also just acquired an Amiga 1000. This should
be very interesting too.