[lug] Question Exchange

David Outteridge dajo at privatei.com
Thu Oct 14 10:32:27 MDT 1999

I hope that this is not a duplicate post; I pushed the wrong key and
killed stuff 8)

I took this paragraph from newsscan at newsscan.com.  The key address is,
not surprisingly, http://www.questionexchange.com/.  Tux is there.

QUESTIONEXCHANGE HAS ALL THE ANSWERS
QuestionExchange puts a new spin on finding information on the Web. The
service acts as a matchmaker between people who need answers to technical
questions and those who can answer them. A user posts a question on the Web
site, along with information on how much he or she is willing to pay for
the answer. Alternately, the user can leave the price open and ask
respondents to bid on the job. A typical question runs in the $20 to $50
range. "One way to look at it is as a massively parallel machine answering
technical-support questions," says QuestionExchange founder and CEO Hector
Gonzalez. "Millions of experts from around the world looking at your
problems in parallel may make any problem trivial." (Chronicle of Higher
Education 15 Oct 99) http://chronicle.com