[lug] ISPs with "reasonable" email policies

John Edwards harkerii at sprintmail.com
Wed Oct 20 20:20:24 MDT 1999

At 10:06 AM 10/20/1999 -0600, you wrote:

>I lean toward choice #3.  Adding weight to this choice is that Mindspring
has recently told Denver Netcom users to switch access phone numbers by
November 15th - and the new numbers don't work well with my Hayes Accura 56
modem (1 connect out of about 5 attempts, with lots of garbage characters
showing up in /var/log/messages).

>Am I missing something here?  Is there some other alternative available to
me?  Inquiring minds want to know ...

>Calvin

	Well I for one, would say that anything (and that includes AOHell) would
be better than Netcom.  I used them for almost a year before bailing on
them.
	I don't know who you can use, unless you can find a local ISP that will
allow this.  A smaller outfit might be willing to allow you to do this.
They will probably be more Linux friendly than the big guys too.
	Earthlink/Sprint has been this way for quite some while now.

John
If Life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car
and objects in the rear-view window may appear closer
han they are.	                                 Meatloaf